Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By ProtonPack83
ProtonPack83 wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:12 pm Inevitably waiting for Hasbro to finally start releasing some new gear around this pack. They've had a TON of time to prepare for it - I'm really doing to be disappointed if they stop at the pack or simply wait eons until the new movie actually comes out. The 84' Wand should be high on their priority list, especially since they can now design it to talk to the pack even better and send the sounds of the wand THROUGH the pack, unlike the Spengler wand. Fully expecting a trap and PKE with the taser mode in the near future...but I've never seen Hasbro be timely in the modern era - go figure.
Quoting myself because it's been a year since I've been on here and all of this came true lol - the 84 Wand is a bit of a letdown though. They shouldn't have simply reskinned it and SHOULD have given us something new, namely the twist grip feature to pop out the tip of the thrower. Still glad that it exists....ordered mine last week, sucks I have to wait till March for shipping, but I'll take it.
By Coover5
the toys coming out at wonder con, the new EGB box set, all the popcorn buckets and movie theater tickets. It's a very exciting and expensive time to be a fan.
mrmichaelt liked this
By One time
ProtonPack83 wrote: February 12th, 2024, 3:22 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:12 pm Inevitably waiting for Hasbro to finally start releasing some new gear around this pack. They've had a TON of time to prepare for it - I'm really doing to be disappointed if they stop at the pack or simply wait eons until the new movie actually comes out. The 84' Wand should be high on their priority list, especially since they can now design it to talk to the pack even better and send the sounds of the wand THROUGH the pack, unlike the Spengler wand. Fully expecting a trap and PKE with the taser mode in the near future...but I've never seen Hasbro be timely in the modern era - go figure.
Quoting myself because it's been a year since I've been on here and all of this came true lol - the 84 Wand is a bit of a letdown though. They shouldn't have simply reskinned it and SHOULD have given us something new, namely the twist grip feature to pop out the tip of the thrower. Still glad that it exists....ordered mine last week, sucks I have to wait till March for shipping, but I'll take it.
It could have been more accurate (barrel and grip width), but it's not bad. If youtake some of the overdone weathering (silver and brown) off using pure alcohol, it's ok. I'm weathering mine, will post pics.

FYI the rotating handle never popped the barrel in the movies. If you watch carefully on the rooftop scene they use the green lever.

The only popping barrels in that scene are Ray and Egon. Ray rotates his handle counter clock wise and uses the green lever. Egon we see rotating clockwise and the green lever is out of frame but we can assume he uses it to extend the barrel too.

mrmichaelt wrote: March 15th, 2024, 6:31 pm New toys to be revealed at Wonder Con.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2024/03/15 ... his-month/
Plasma Series Frozen Empire here we come
mrmichaelt liked this
By zeta otaku
One time wrote: March 15th, 2024, 8:45 pm

It could have been more accurate (barrel and grip width), but it's not bad. If youtake some of the overdone weathering (silver and brown) off using pure alcohol, it's ok. I'm weathering mine, will post pics.

FYI the rotating handle never popped the barrel in the movies. If you watch carefully on the rooftop scene they use the green lever.

The only popping barrels in that scene are Ray and Egon. Ray rotates his handle counter clock wise and uses the green lever. Egon we see rotating clockwise and the green lever is out of frame but we can assume he uses it to extend the barrel too.
While you're 100% correct about the function of the green lever, I recall reading or hearing somewhere that by the time they filmed the rooftop scene the props were barely holding together and that the twisting front grip was never originally a feature, but would also disengage the latch holding the barrel in place.

As for NEW stuff, I hope we get more Plasma figures. I'd also like to see them put out a Frozen Empire thrower and the arm mounted thrower... of which I can see Hasbro GLADLY re-using the electronics from the previous two thrower options.
Kingpin, The_Y33TER liked this
By One time
zeta otaku wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:24 am

While you're 100% correct about the function of the green lever, I recall reading or hearing somewhere that by the time they filmed the rooftop scene the props were barely holding together and that the twisting front grip was never originally a feature, but would also disengage the latch holding the barrel in place.

As for NEW stuff, I hope we get more Plasma figures. I'd also like to see them put out a Frozen Empire thrower and the arm mounted thrower... of which I can see Hasbro GLADLY re-using the electronics from the previous two thrower options.
Wow, never knew that. I went frame by frame on that scene, and you can see that the moment Ray turns the barrel he also pulls down the green lever. Egon’s we can only see the barrel and not the lever, if indeed he did not use the lever then maybe the clockwise rotation (as opposed to Ray’ counter clockwise) popped the barrel? I think it’s a stretch, but maybe?
By mrmichaelt
It was interesting on the end of the Tested that just came out about the Proton Pack, Adam Savage was shown when the green lever is trigger, the barrel doesn't extend on the upgraded pack's thrower because of the muzzle arrestor but the "little shark fin tip thingine" still slides up on the prop.
By JTysonLambert
The acrylic tube portion of the barrel still extends within the added muzzle. The cutout slot on the side of the muzzle is to allow the emitter tip "shark fin thingy" to be unimpeded which allows the acrylic tube that it's attached to to extend. You can still barely see the tip or the acrylic tube extended at the end of the muzzle.

The muzzle, itself, is similar to a chimney or furnace spark arrestor that allows heat and smoke to exit, but keeps sparks or embers from flying everywhere. It still allows the wand to function as usual, but I assume with the extra power upgrades the packs are getting to deal with the cold temperatures they probably throw some extra sparks when in use. In keeping with the new safety feature upgrades, I would assume that's what it's for.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
JTysonLambert wrote: March 18th, 2024, 3:04 am The acrylic tube portion of the barrel still extends within the added muzzle. The cutout slot on the side of the muzzle is to allow the emitter tip "shark fin thingy" to be unimpeded which allows the acrylic tube that it's attached to to extend. You can still barely see the tip or the acrylic tube extended at the end of the muzzle.
That makes much much more sense!
By zeta otaku
I absolutely feel like we'll get an FE thrower before we get a new pack. I do hope we get more Plasma figures... oooh, maybe a HasLab Plasma series Ecto-1 :D You know... like what Mattel tried to do all those years ago, but better since we'll have more than SIXTEEN DAYS to fund the damned thing....
By One time
How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release "parts" to turn the Spengler pack into the FE pack? (Personally I don't want an FE pack, but just asking).

The bumper comes off easily, so do the beam line, power cell door (screws) and ion arm cap (pushed in). No need to dissasemble the pack (which Hasbro would never publicly allow).

Just with screws. If you replace those with new Haslab parts and replace the thrower you have a FE pack anyway.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
One time wrote:How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release "parts" to turn the Spengler pack into the FE pack? (Personally I don't want an FE pack, but just asking).

The bumper comes off easily, so do the beam line, power cell door (screws) and ion arm cap (pushed in). No need to dissasemble the pack (which Hasbro would never publicly allow).

Just with screws. If you replace those with new Haslab parts and replace the thrower you have a FE pack anyway.
Ha! That thought just occurred to me, too. :)
One time liked this
By zeta otaku
One time wrote: March 18th, 2024, 6:52 pm How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release "parts" to turn the Spengler pack into the FE pack? (Personally I don't want an FE pack, but just asking).

I feel like that'd be more likely had the pack been a mass release and not a limited, backer funded project.
Psycho Werekitsune liked this
By The_Y33TER

Drooling at the thought of a purchasable Hasbro thrower gauntlet.
zeta otaku liked this
By zeta otaku
The_Y33TER wrote: March 18th, 2024, 11:22 pm

I LITERALLY just finished building one (just waiting for the heatsink to finish printing). If they DO make one, you can bet they'll re-use the now staple Spengler thrower soundboard (same if they pump out an FE thrower). I can definitely see it being more expensive than either of the existing Hasbro Plasma series throwers due to the amount of new parts and mirroring the thrower body. That said, with a small extension to where the "singletron" plugs into (where the rear grip should be), you could still connect the hose from the HasLab pack into it... oh so many ideas....
By The_Y33TER
zeta otaku wrote: March 19th, 2024, 12:11 am
The_Y33TER wrote: March 18th, 2024, 11:22 pm

I LITERALLY just finished building one (just waiting for the heatsink to finish printing). If they DO make one, you can bet they'll re-use the now staple Spengler thrower soundboard (same if they pump out an FE thrower). I can definitely see it being more expensive than either of the existing Hasbro Plasma series throwers due to the amount of new parts and mirroring the thrower body. That said, with a small extension to where the "singletron" plugs into (where the rear grip should be), you could still connect the hose from the HasLab pack into it... oh so many ideas....
Reusing the Spengler board is absolutely fine by me. Also, an increased price is absolutely good with me, I'll still buy it eventually. And I LOVE the "singletron" name. That's hilarious. Haslab communication would be great but weird since the gauntlet is standalone.
By One time
Yeah, I would not be happy if they started winging it and doing things not in the movie, like connecting the gauntlet to the pack, etc.
By Psycho Werekitsune
By the way, will this panel be live streamed in any capacity, or will we just have to wait until it's over to hear the news about what was announced? I mean, I'll probably have the Pulse site open and constantly F5ing it throughout that hour, just so I don't miss out on anything, but yeah.
One time liked this
By Psycho Werekitsune
Well, that was a let down. They started off saying there were no plans on revealing any Plasma series 6 inch figures at the panel. They then showed a 1:18 scale Ecto-1 and 3.75 Ghostbuster figures. They also talked about Two In the Box and mentioned their engineers were working on them and confirming the EMF detector works. Backers will be receiving news very soon. That's it, it was the shortest part of the whole panel.
deadderek liked this
By ShandorMiningCo

To be fair the likenesses of Dan and Bill look pretty good, but that seems to be all the positives there are. The Ecto could be awesome but I fear the price tag will probably be beyond the budget of the casual collector (like myself). Surprised they actually included the pack gurney though!
Kingpin liked this
By WCat2000
Very disappointing. They should have done stuff based on Frozen Empire. Not more original team figures.

I haven’t been able to get any of the FE toys because for whatever reason my local Wal-Mart got none of the GB stuff and I don’t live near a Target. It’s a small town. So I’ll just have to order online. Was waiting to see what they revealed today.

Those blind box containment unit figures were said to be Wave 1...does that imply there will be a Wave 2? They could do Garraka and Library Ghost.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
WCat2000 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 6:13 pm Very disappointing. They should have done stuff based on Frozen Empire. Not more original team figures.

I haven’t been able to get any of the FE toys because for whatever reason my local Wal-Mart got none of the GB stuff and I don’t live near a Target. It’s a small town. So I’ll just have to order online. Was waiting to see what they revealed today.

Those blind box containment unit figures were said to be Wave 1...does that imply there will be a Wave 2? They could do Garraka and Library Ghost.
It's disappointing, but I can see why they opted for it... Frozen Empire is probably still a somewhat riskier choice for the basis of toy figures. Hasbro likely has a good idea how well new figures of Phoebe, Podcast, Trevor and Lucky would sell based on the sales figures of the Afterlife Plasma Series figures.

Meanwhile, figures based on the 1984 film likely remain a safe investment because those characters are pretty much universally popular, whereas the newer characters remain divisive... Even off-putting for some fans of the franchise who haven't accepted them as the successors to Bill, Dan, Harold and Ernie. :(

-And producing a smaller set that also has an in-scale Ecto-1 provides a nice bundle with display potential which takes up less space than the larger Plasma Series figures, which Hasbro has sadly decided to put on hiatus... If not outright cancel.
By WCat2000
Kingpin wrote: March 30th, 2024, 7:50 pm
WCat2000 wrote: March 30th, 2024, 6:13 pm Very disappointing. They should have done stuff based on Frozen Empire. Not more original team figures.

It's disappointing, but I can see why they opted for it... Frozen Empire is probably still a somewhat riskier choice for the basis of toy figures. Hasbro likely has a good idea how well new figures of Phoebe, Podcast, Trevor and Lucky would sell based on the sales figures of the Afterlife Plasma Series figures.

Meanwhile, figures based on the 1984 film likely remain a safe investment because those characters are pretty much universally popular, whereas the newer characters remain divisive... Even off-putting for some fans of the franchise who haven't accepted them as the successors to Bill, Dan, Harold and Ernie. :(

-And producing a smaller set that also has an in-scale Ecto-1 provides a nice bundle with display potential which takes up less space than the larger Plasma Series figures, which Hasbro has sadly decided to put on hiatus... If not outright cancel.
Ya I think you’re right. There’s just so many original team toys available.

Amazon points out the FE figures sold over 500 in the last month. It’s right under the item in the search results. Of course we don’t know who’s buying them...kids or adults. Well adults would probably buy it for them but I assume that’s a great number being released in February, right? Only some retail stores got them early.

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]