Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Yes they scanned the props, however that doesn't mean it's going to be true 1:1. They have said in previous interviews that they start with the scan dimensions however sometimes slight size changes need to be made to account for the various mechanism and features.

Basically prop replicas can fall into two categories. Exact duplicates of the screen used prop or idealized versions of the prop.

These are clearly idealized versions as they have features beyond the actual screen used props.

The PKE is a good example. The PKE taser prop was a whole different PKE prop then the one used for scanning. Also the stuff used in filming didn't make sounds and all that.

So basically theses are designed to be close as possible but also be the idealized version you probably have in your head.
mrmichaelt, gamera1968 liked this
ecto88mph wrote: December 7th, 2023, 6:37 pm Yes they scanned the props, however that doesn't mean it's going to be true 1:1. They have said in previous interviews that they start with the scan dimensions however sometimes slight size changes need to be made to account for the various mechanism and features.
Just to be completely clear, I have my own traps that I built which are based on the 84 ECU hero trap, and those will definitely fit our containment unit. But there are several other members of our franchise who have backed the HasLab, and it'd be a shame if none of their traps fit because we made the ECU Bay 1cm too low. If we have to rebuild that part of it in a year then so be it, but I'd like to at least attempt to get the dimensions close.

One suggestion was to try to use the side resistor to extrapolate the max height of the trap
I'll see how I go this weekend (there's probably other photos I can use to attempt this).
mrmichaelt liked this
As of this morning, 12/8/23

Ghostbusters Plasma Series HasLab Two in the Box! Ghost Trap and P.K.E. Meter $299.99

18,810 Backers

Target 10,000

Crowdfund ends in: 3 Days, 14 Hours, 53 Minute

This could very well hit 20,000 over the weekend.
Hopefully, we'll get a proper trailer to help boost the crowdfunding.
zeta otaku liked this
Going back to this:

The thing I circled in red looks like a rotary potentiometer resistor. If so, why would the PKE have a potentiometer built in? These are devices to measure an input that is non digital (I.e. not on or off but can measure a degree of input). Like a throttle or brake pedal input in a sim racing pedal setup.

Could it be that the "angle" of the taser red switch cover does the same function as the roller wheel on the Matty PKE? (adjusting the light and beeping intensity?)
prodestrian wrote: December 7th, 2023, 7:12 pm
ecto88mph wrote: December 7th, 2023, 6:37 pm Yes they scanned the props, however that doesn't mean it's going to be true 1:1. They have said in previous interviews that they start with the scan dimensions however sometimes slight size changes need to be made to account for the various mechanism and features.
Just to be completely clear, I have my own traps that I built which are based on the 84 ECU hero trap, and those will definitely fit our containment unit. But there are several other members of our franchise who have backed the HasLab, and it'd be a shame if none of their traps fit because we made the ECU Bay 1cm too low. If we have to rebuild that part of it in a year then so be it, but I'd like to at least attempt to get the dimensions close.

One suggestion was to try to use the side resistor to extrapolate the max height of the trap
I'll see how I go this weekend (there's probably other photos I can use to attempt this).
just curious, do you have a website where i can look at your containment unit?
One time wrote: December 8th, 2023, 3:12 pm Going back to this:

The thing I circled in red looks like a rotary potentiometer resistor. If so, why would the PKE have a potentiometer built in? These are devices to measure an input that is non digital (I.e. not on or off but can measure a degree of input). Like a throttle or brake pedal input in a sim racing pedal setup.

Could it be that the "angle" of the taser red switch cover does the same function as the roller wheel on the Matty PKE? (adjusting the light and beeping intensity?)
tihs would be awesome!
Turtuv wrote: December 8th, 2023, 3:38 pm
tihs would be awesome!
I mean if that is what it is. I've not seen a potentiometer pcb that looks like that before, but it does look like one.

The two switches circled in green have to be (by deduction) the actual taser switch and the taser switch red cover (but in that case the cover is a normal on off switch). So I have no idea really.
Don't get me wrong, I love these and I put my order in before it even met the build goal, but the lack of the light next to the bargraph winds me up more and more everytime I see it. How can they claim accuracy, and miss out something so obvious? I just watched the Adam savage video expecting him to mention it and nope, not a word. It's just.... Frustrating!!!
One time, Turtuv liked this
There's still PLENTY of time for them to put it in. These are the same early prototypes we saw during the debut stream and we already know they are going to be making changes both with the electronics (double tap on the trap pedal) and the physical aspects (PKE wings). We got a year for them to pop on an LED... and if they DON'T, one of the mad scientists of the community will make a replacement bar graph with LED at the end of it.
Holydohnut wrote: December 9th, 2023, 1:32 pm Don't get me wrong, I love these and I put my order in before it even met the build goal, but the lack of the light next to the bargraph winds me up more and more everytime I see it. How can they claim accuracy, and miss out something so obvious? I just watched the Adam savage video expecting him to mention it and nope, not a word. It's just.... Frustrating!!!
This. I love this Haslab 2 (I backed 2) but Hasbro, come on. Why make it so accurate and then miss an entire light. In all scenes the bargraph fills up and then the light on the end comes on. The bar graph plate also has 6 screws on the Haslab and 4 on the real prop. Why?

6 instead of 4 screws just adds increasing costs. Why increase costs to make something less screen accurate? I don't understand this financially.
Turtuv liked this
HELP! I am wobbling on the fence over the Two in the Box set.

I have the Haslab Proton Pack & wand... and a Spirit Halloween trap

I don't really have an interest in the PKE meter, I can't explain why. But the Haslab trap does look a lot more high spec than the old Spirit Halloween one. Thing is... can I justify £300 for just the trap. I could sell the meter when it arrives to cover some of the cost, and then sell the old SH trap... but that means putting myself £300 out of pocket now when I'm in a tight financial spot. Or bunging it on a credit card.

My gut instinct is telling me to sit this one out as we'll be getting plenty of Frozen Empire merch next year too. But it's also a one-off opportunity to basically get a screen accurate trap... I really wish we could order it separately. But then the PKE is kinda cool too, so idk.

Can any of you guys assist with this decision one way or another?
It sucks wanting an item like this when you know you have the cash to do so. Believe me, I felt the same during the proton pack campaign, however it is the holidays and i'm sure like us your loved ones know this is on our lists. So, be good, bake some extra cookies for Santa, and don't keep the chimney lit.
Australian pre-orders have now closed. We can't order directly from Hasbro so we had to pay AU$699 (US$458) through EB Games Australia, just like the Proton Pack a few years ago.

Their page said they were doing preorders until December 6th but they only just closed it today, presumably to give them 24hrs to submit a bulk order to Hasbro before the window closes.

The question is, will we see the Hasbro counter suddenly jump up higher because of this, or were the Australian figures already somehow being taken into account? Guess we'll find out in the next 24hrs...

(I preordered two, I was going to preorder a third set but the preorders closed before I got paid, no big deal though, I should probably pay my bills instead :lol: ).
DaveLister liked this
Does anyone know how Paypal orders work for this now. After the closing date is our Paypal automatically charged or do we get an email saying “Please pay this invoice manually within x days”.
I gave in to my urge and ordered three more, now maxed out at 5 orders. Let's see where this ends in total, I predict somewhere between 23k-24k. Maybe the nice folks at Hasbro might even throw in some more, the engineer patch isn't even officially announced. Nonetheless, a rousing success.
DaveLister liked this
I purchased a set and so has my wife. We haven't decided yet if we'll keep or resell on the second set, it depends on how the aftermarket is and if it's worth it. If we keep it then one set will be modded and the second set remain as stock.
Mercifull wrote: December 11th, 2023, 8:21 am I purchased a set and so has my wife. We haven't decided yet if we'll keep or resell on the second set, it depends on how the aftermarket is and if it's worth it. If we keep it then one set will be modded and the second set remain as stock.
HasLab items always resell well since they're limited and (normally) very desired items.

Oh my...this will be interesting...

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]