Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 12th, 2023, 4:30 pm
Turtuv wrote:
i received the thank you email, but not the payment processed confirm email, even if in the order on the haslab site, it appears as "payed"
Interesting. I did order mine with one hour to go. I am in the USA and used a credit card, got the "Ghosbusters Fans! - YOU DID IT!!" email at about 12:33 am Eastern (the this project has been successfully funded message)

then the "Payment successful" email at about 1 am Eastern which reads "Your recent payment for Ghostbusters Plasma Series HasLab Two in the Box! Ghost Trap and P.K.E. Meter from #xxxxxx was successful. Your collection is about to get a major upgrade!

You can leave the rest to us!" and shows your total.

Maybe they're charging from most recent backers to oldest? Idk. Or maybe there's some difference in how emails/confirms are sent out to international backers? Shrug.

But yeah, as long as on your Hasbro/Haslab account it says paid and on whatever payment method you used, credit or paypal it shows the charge in your history, you're good to go I would think.
still no email, anyway they charged my credit card immediately so i should be ok
One time wrote: December 12th, 2023, 8:10 pm I hope they surprise us with an early release like for the Proton Pack. I'm also happy the stretch goals didn't include any plastic or figures as all the budget will go to the trap and pke. (I haven't even taken the burn minipufts out of the box they were in on the Proton Pack.)
i loved the minipufts, they are on display on my gb 4k collections
One time wrote: December 13th, 2023, 12:43 pm
The cable is screen accurate to Afterlife

The only inaccuracies (worth noting) we hope they fix prior to production are:

1. Missing light on trap
2. Screen accurate 4 bargraph plate screws on the trap instead of the 6 screws shown by Hasbro
3. Possibly make the PKE wing lights more screen accurate. (they are now yellow as in GB1 and GB2, Afterlife showed them to be more detailed, a deep whitish color)
4. Maybe the forward position of the rear wheels on the trap if we are being pedantic.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks to the others who replied too. I did read the entire thread and had seen the points you've highlighted, but it's good to have them summarised again here.

I was just curious why the cable wasn't being made accurate to 84 or 89 considering that's what other parts of the product are aiming at reproducing. It was briefly mentioned in the Q&A livestream, and also on Adam Savage's Tested, but the reason for the omission wasn't made entirely clear - something about loom making it feel more combersome, and potentially disrupting how effectively the trap rolls to it's target? I was just looking for clarification, but it's great it somewhat matches Afterlife. To my eye, the cable thickness does look somewhat thinner on Haslab's version than it does onscreen in Afterlife, but that really is splitting hairs. I've every faith Haslab will provide us with an amazing product we're going to be thrilled by. Or two, even.
Michael C wrote: December 13th, 2023, 7:29 pm

1. Missing light on trap
2. Screen accurate 4 bargraph plate screws on the trap instead of the 6 screws shown by Hasbro
3. Possibly make the PKE wing lights more screen accurate. (they are now yellow as in GB1 and GB2, Afterlife showed them to be more detailed, a deep whitish color)
4. Maybe the forward position of the rear wheels on the trap if we are being pedantic.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks to the others who replied too. I did read the entire thread and had seen the points you've highlighted, but it's good to have them summarised again here.

I was just curious why the cable wasn't being made accurate to 84 or 89 considering that's what other parts of the product are aiming at reproducing. It was briefly mentioned in the Q&A livestream, and also on Adam Savage's Tested, but the reason for the omission wasn't made entirely clear - something about loom making it feel more combersome, and potentially disrupting how effectively the trap rolls to it's target? I was just looking for clarification, but it's great it somewhat matches Afterlife. To my eye, the cable thickness does look somewhat thinner on Haslab's version than it does onscreen in Afterlife, but that really is splitting hairs. I've every faith Haslab will provide us with an amazing product we're going to be thrilled by. Or two, even.
The afterlife trap prop hose looks to be MUCH much MUCH thicker and significantly more flexible. What I plan to do is buy two GX16 connectors (3 pin as they are on the trap) and redo my existing trap hose. I run a cut length of a Thinkbulb Silver Bullet. It's pretty thick, but I think it works beautifully since it uncoils super easily, from what I saw in Adam Savage's video, better than the Haslab hose. But then again, I really want that GB3 hose from Sean Charlesworth, but it's been sold out for months. UGH! TRAP HOSES ARE HARD.
Michael C liked this
Michael C wrote: December 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm Really pleased to be in on this. I only discovered it through Adam Savage's video and am so thankful that I did.

My only question is, why is the cable between the trap and the footpedal not screen accurate? As mentioned in Adam's video, it'll be a simple and inexpensive mod to add some split corrugated loom, but why isn't this included right out of the box?

1. Missing light on trap

Eh, "Screen Accurate" is a stretch, "Screen inspired" seems more accurate. Not only is it significantly stiffer, its SUPER thin compared to the prop.
The_Y33TER wrote: December 14th, 2023, 8:07 am The afterlife trap prop hose looks to be MUCH much MUCH thicker and significantly more flexible. What I plan to do is buy two GX16 connectors (3 pin as they are on the trap) and redo my existing trap hose. I run a cut length of a Thinkbulb Silver Bullet. It's pretty thick, but I think it works beautifully since it uncoils super easily, from what I saw in Adam Savage's video, better than the Haslab hose. But then again, I really want that GB3 hose from Sean Charlesworth, but it's been sold out for months. UGH! TRAP HOSES ARE HARD.
Thanks! That's what I thought, too. Comments during Tested and the Q&A suggest they already quite set on the current hose choice, so I doubt we'll see any change. I'm not sure what you mean by "Thinkbulb Silver Bullet", but I may have to revisit this when the time comes.
One time wrote: December 12th, 2023, 8:10 pm I hope they surprise us with an early release like for the Proton Pack. I'm also happy the stretch goals didn't include any plastic or figures as all the budget will go to the trap and pke. (I haven't even taken the burn minipufts out of the box they were in on the Proton Pack.)
I think the mini pufts were a good addition to the pack, they are after all 1:1, they look good hanging off the pack and are in theme with the afterlife pack. Plus looking like they are here to stay in FE.
Alphagaia liked this
ecto88mph wrote: December 14th, 2023, 10:23 pm
I think the mini pufts were a good addition to the pack, they are after all 1:1, they look good hanging off the pack and are in theme with the afterlife pack. Plus looking like they are here to stay in FE.
True, but they were just a rereleased paint variant. The Plasma series already sold the normal versions.
oidoglr liked this
The_Y33TER wrote: December 14th, 2023, 8:11 am

1. Missing light on trap

Eh, "Screen Accurate" is a stretch, "Screen inspired" seems more accurate. Not only is it significantly stiffer, its SUPER thin compared to the prop.
During the Q&A they talked about how there were large inconsistencies in sizes and details across the different traps used for different shots. So this trap is aimed to be a idealized version based on the trap see in afterlife.
SpaceBallz liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 15th, 2023, 2:07 am Emailed Hasbro stating I cancelled my order in error and would I be able to repay / reinstate it.

Imagine there’s a less than 1% chance of that happening, even if their customer service team find the email, but worth a shot.
No surprise, but Hasbro can’t reverse an order cancellation.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 15th, 2023, 5:13 am Hmm. Ok, so everyone here who's in Europe - did you get a second Hasbro email saying payment successful?
UK here. Got one from Haslab saying Payment Successful, and another 5 hours later addressed to 'Ghostbusters Fans!' saying they're thrilled it's been successfully funded.

And regarding the abundance of patches we're getting for reaching the stretch goal, all good and generous, but I wish one was a Frozen Empire style black GB logo patch. I think that surely would've been more welcomed by most. Still, no complaints. Haslab killing it!
ecto88mph wrote: December 14th, 2023, 11:17 pm
The_Y33TER wrote: December 14th, 2023, 8:11 am

During the Q&A they talked about how there were large inconsistencies in sizes and details across the different traps used for different shots. So this trap is aimed to be a idealized version based on the trap see in afterlife.
That's fine but there aren't really "large" inconsistencies. The only major difference between all of them is that the Afterlife has 5 yellow stripes instead of 4 on the prior two movies. IMO 5 stripes adds perceived detail and nuance to the size and shape of the device better than 4 stripes which is why I think they changed it for AF. (and GB1 even had a trap with 5 stripes in the "hallway photoshoot" BTS). 5 yellow stripes is the sweet spot in terms of ratio in my view. 6 is too much. But then again I'm an architect, my career is dealing in ratios.

But no movie trap ever had 6 screws on the bargraph plate or a missing light next to the bargraph.

GB1, GB2 and GB: Afterlife (the latter of which is what the Haslab is based on) ALL had the light next to the bargraph and 4 screws on the bargraph plate. The wheels being oversize and not completely in the right place I couldn't care less about. That light and the PKE lights being a more detailed/nuanced off white, should be an easy fix prior to production.

Heck they even fixed the booster frame rails -> Hexagonal Ticonderoga pencil shape prior to production on the Proton Pack after Adam Savage mentioned it. We really aren't asking for much prior to production.

This is the screen used trap in all movies (you can clearly see the light next to the bargraph on all of them, the amount of screws and the wheels on AF):

Ghostbusters 1984 Hero trap

Ghostbusters 1989 Hero trap

Ghostbusters Afterlife Hero trap:

GB1 5 yellow stripe trap:

Last edited by One time on December 21st, 2023, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, DaveLister liked this
timeware wrote: December 15th, 2023, 11:17 pm If the extra screw bugs ya that much you could just unscrew it. It's still a screen accurate prop and no one but us Ghostheads are going to notice. It's nice information to know if I want 100% accurate prop though.
That's assuming all the screws are practical and not some, or all molded-in details.

People are paying $300 for this, for that price it's not unreasonable to expect that replicas reasonably reflect the details of the props they're replicating. The extra screw/missing light and missing Ion Arm cap screws on the Haslab Pack aren't products of them being toy replicas, or having to keep within a certain price range... They're careless mistakes being made by not paying quite enough attention to the reference material the production team are using.
One time, seekandannoy liked this
That's assuming all the screws are practical and not some, or all molded-in details.
Understandable. My issue with the haslab pack was the copper wiring wasn't easy to just remove (and I haven't because I don't want do damage the pack.) I get it. But to me if they throw in extra screw on the trap isn't going to be a huge issue as long as everything else is accurate.That, and if it doesn't feel uncomfortable hanging off of a web belt.

Really in the long run if there's still an extra screw, i'm not going to feel screwed over. Lol.
I wonder if Haslab simply mistook the light next to the bargraph for a screw. It is odd that the light is missing, and the extra screw seems to be in its place. Six certainly seems excessive for such a small plate. I've got no doubt we need not worry about it too much, as they'll no doubt fix both these oversights after all this chat, and all will come good in the end.
Kingpin liked this
Holydohnut wrote: December 15th, 2023, 4:51 pm Still no mail at all. Not in junk or anything. Had no issues with the proton pack but for the trap I've had nothing. They took the payment quick enough though!
same, no mail but they took the payment and i see the order as correctley payed. i hope won't be any problem when the shipping time will come
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]