Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Kingpin wrote: December 16th, 2023, 7:28 am
timeware wrote: December 15th, 2023, 11:17 pm If the extra screw bugs ya that much you could just unscrew it. It's still a screen accurate prop and no one but us Ghostheads are going to notice. It's nice information to know if I want 100% accurate prop though.
That's assuming all the screws are practical and not some, or all molded-in details.

People are paying $300 for this, for that price it's not unreasonable to expect that replicas reasonably reflect the details of the props they're replicating. The extra screw/missing light and missing Ion Arm cap screws on the Haslab Pack aren't products of them being toy replicas, or having to keep within a certain price range... They're careless mistakes being made by not paying quite enough attention to the reference material the production team are using.
Exactly.

Adding imaginary pieces (2 extra screws) just adds costs to Hasbro for no reason + makes the item less accurate.
Kingpin, seekandannoy liked this
The cheapest screw if you run a google search comes out to .22 cents. Not that much of an added cost, and since we already paid for the backing they can't charge us again. If Hasbro's using metric non vented Titanium Cheese Head Screw's we can sell our traps for about the price of a new car. What's 24,000 x 6? $144 grand? Lol.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product ... JgQ9pwGCAU
Turtuv wrote: December 16th, 2023, 4:16 pm wait, what missing ion arm cap are you talking about?
Slightly poor wording on my part. The two cap-head screws that are normally visible on the Ion Arm cap were missing from the finished Haslab Proton Packs.
Kingpin wrote: December 17th, 2023, 8:31 am
Turtuv wrote: December 16th, 2023, 4:16 pm wait, what missing ion arm cap are you talking about?
Slightly poor wording on my part. The two cap-head screws that are normally visible on the Ion Arm cap were missing from the finished Haslab Proton Packs.
it's ture, it's a strange error since the pack is really accurate. i hope that they don't do the same with the 6 screws of the bargraph and the led at the end of it. is this a simple way to add the cap-head screws on the ion arm cap?
Michael C wrote: December 14th, 2023, 2:49 pm
The_Y33TER wrote: December 14th, 2023, 8:07 am The afterlife trap prop hose looks to be MUCH much MUCH thicker and significantly more flexible. What I plan to do is buy two GX16 connectors (3 pin as they are on the trap) and redo my existing trap hose. I run a cut length of a Thinkbulb Silver Bullet. It's pretty thick, but I think it works beautifully since it uncoils super easily, from what I saw in Adam Savage's video, better than the Haslab hose. But then again, I really want that GB3 hose from Sean Charlesworth, but it's been sold out for months. UGH! TRAP HOSES ARE HARD.
Thanks! That's what I thought, too. Comments during Tested and the Q&A suggest they already quite set on the current hose choice, so I doubt we'll see any change. I'm not sure what you mean by "Thinkbulb Silver Bullet", but I may have to revisit this when the time comes.
It's an expanding garden hose, good for pack hoses and if you don't really care about screen accuracy, it's not bad for trap hoses. SUPER flexible stuff, pretty affordable for a loooooong bit of hose. Not bad.
Michael C liked this
Sorry to rekindle this thread without any meaningful data.

I'm still so excited for this!

Any news since Dec 18th? (apart from the Savage video?).

A shame the trap was open throughout that vid, I wonder if Savage was asked to keep it open because of the doors being prototype.

Anyhow, if anyone has any new info please let us know.

I so hope they fix that missing light and the 6 screws in production.
DaveLister liked this
The most recent thing was the 19th last month, Emily replied on reddit saying "Hi! We’ll share updated prototypes as we have them. As mentioned previously, the models we used for the campaign were very early programming models and the final models will not have the occasional floppy arm. Thanks!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... t/ke4m6hu/
One time liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: January 4th, 2024, 7:15 pm The most recent thing was the 19th last month, Emily replied on reddit saying "Hi! We’ll share updated prototypes as we have them. As mentioned previously, the models we used for the campaign were very early programming models and the final models will not have the occasional floppy arm. Thanks!"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... t/ke4m6hu/
Thanks!

Yeah the PKE arms were way too floppy for a final release.

I also really wonder how much molding differences the final product will have to make them even more screen accurate (PKE arms, etc.)

Here's hoping they surprise us with an early release like they did with the PP!
DaveLister liked this
One time wrote: January 4th, 2024, 7:10 pm Sorry to rekindle this thread without any meaningful data.

I'm still so excited for this!

Any news since Dec 18th? (apart from the Savage video?).

A shame the trap was open throughout that vid, I wonder if Savage was asked to keep it open because of the doors being prototype.

Anyhow, if anyone has any new info please let us know.

I so hope they fix that missing light and the 6 screws in production.
The term "any meaningful data" is like saying Ghostbusters is only for Halloween! We're all gonna be like a kid at Christmas all year. And I dig it.

One time wrote: January 4th, 2024, 7:26 pm Thanks!

Yeah the PKE arms were way too floppy for a final release.

I also really wonder how much molding differences the final product will have to make them even more screen accurate (PKE arms, etc.)

Here's hoping they surprise us with an early release like they did with the PP!
An early release is certainly something to hope for. I'd wait til they get them just so...but the kid(in that oversized flight suit) wants all of it ASAP!
One time liked this
So, some meaningful new data: :wink:

After posting about the missing LED on the trap on every relevant Reddit post, Facebook, here and finally communicating with the Haslab team via email directly, it appears that our advice has been heard.

Although they haven't specified an answer regarding the LED in private emails, this Reddit post seems to indicate that our concerns have been heard. "Yo-Emily" is Emily Bader from the Haslab Gb team, answering with a "wink" emoji to a comment regarding the missing LED.

Last edited by One time on March 4th, 2024, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt, The_Y33TER, gamera1968 and 5 others liked this
One time wrote: February 6th, 2024, 5:35 am So, some meaningful new data: :wink:

After posting about the missing LED on the trap on every relevant Reddit post, Facebook, here and finally communicating with the Haslab team via email directly, it appears that our advice has been heard.

Although they haven't specified an answer regarding the LED in private emails, this Reddit post seems to indicate that our concerns have been heard. "Yo-Emily" is Emily Bader from the Haslab Gb team, answering with a "wink" emoji to my comment regarding the missing LED.

this is a great news! i hope that they will fix the number of screws too at this point. if you can, post about it everywhere too. I'm doing it already
One time liked this
Turtuv wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:42 am
One time wrote: February 6th, 2024, 5:35 am So, some meaningful new data: :wink:

Although they haven't specified an answer regarding the LED in private emails, this Reddit post seems to indicate that our concerns have been heard. "Yo-Emily" is Emily Bader from the Haslab Gb team, answering with a "wink" emoji to my comment regarding the missing LED.

this is a great news! i hope that they will fix the number of screws too at this point. if you can, post about it everywhere too. I'm doing it already
The number of screws were mentioned in every post I made about the LED, as well as being raised by others. I've also communicated it directly to Emily Bader via email. They are aware of it.

Thanks for helping out. I hope you don't get disheartened by too many people who say you're too detail oriented.

I remember I got lambasted atrociously on all forms of social media when I campaigned for communication between the Haslab pack and the wand (when it was known they would not communicate). The overwhelming majority said I should just be happy with what we were getting and not complain or try to get communication (in much less kind words).

On every relevant forum I posted solutions with appropriate cheap pico ammeter chips to measure current draw to get the Haslab Pack to communicate with the wand until I managed to get in touch with Bill Rawley (the Haslab pack product designer) and discussing the chips with him personally.

I felt a sense of redemption when the final pack did indeed communicate with the wand through power draw.

So for us detail "nutjobs" there is some enjoyment in it long term.

Thanks for being so passionate!
gamera1968, Turtuv liked this
One time wrote: February 18th, 2024, 1:13 pm
Turtuv wrote: February 18th, 2024, 3:42 am

The number of screws were mentioned in every post I made about the LED, as well as being raised by others. I've also communicated it directly to Emily Bader via email. They are aware of it.

Thanks for helping out. I hope you don't get disheartened by too many people who say you're too detail oriented.

I remember I got lambasted atrociously on all forms of social media when I campaigned for communication between the Haslab pack and the wand (when it was known they would not communicate). The overwhelming majority said I should just be happy with what we were getting and not complain or try to get communication (in much less kind words).

On every relevant forum I posted solutions with appropriate cheap pico ammeter chips to measure current draw to get the Haslab Pack to communicate with the wand until I managed to get in touch with Bill Rawley (the Haslab pack product designer) and discussing the chips with him personally.

I felt a sense of redemption when the final pack did indeed communicate with the wand through power draw.

So for us detail "nutjobs" there is some enjoyment in it long term.

Thanks for being so passionate!
Yeah, people on internet spread hate everytime and i just don't care. i have a passione, i don't have a lot of props so when i can get one i want it to be as detailed as possible. at the end all of us got a better proton pack thanks to you and people like you, so i hope we'll get a better trap and pke meter too :cool:
One time, DaveLister liked this
So, we're about 6-7 months out from the earliest release date. At this point in the proton pack's development cycle, how much information did we have by now? I know they're still finalizing the designs of, well, everything from when we saw the proof of concept prototypes at the beginning of the campaign, but I just want more info XD
deadderek, OBSIDIAN liked this
zeta otaku wrote:So, we're about 6-7 months out from the earliest release date. At this point in the proton pack's development cycle, how much information did we have by now? I know they're still finalizing the designs of, well, everything from when we saw the proof of concept prototypes at the beginning of the campaign, but I just want more info XD
Actually after the Dec. 12, 2021 campaign ending, it was a big gap of no info then a presentation at GB Day on June 8, 2022 6 months later when we got a lot of details, a look at the current prototype, and new reveals like the journal being given more pages. Then Haslab also posted a blog with a bit more info.
deadderek liked this
Just a few questions about this, and apologies if it's already been brought up but, I missed out on the campaign and was hoping I'd find some way to get ahold of it after release. When they did the proton pack, I hear they were available for sale in limited quantities at select retailers, is this true? Was it with all the tiers, or just the basic package? I'm really hoping that's the case so I could grab these as well. Failing that, I'd probably have to resort to the grey market and pay extortionist prices (unless someone here scored a few extras and wouldn't mind selling me a set at a relatively reasonable price when it's released?).
Psycho Werekitsune wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 1:37 pm Just a few questions about this, and apologies if it's already been brought up but, I missed out on the campaign and was hoping I'd find some way to get ahold of it after release. When they did the proton pack, I hear they were available for sale in limited quantities at select retailers, is this true? Was it with all the tiers, or just the basic package? I'm really hoping that's the case so I could grab these as well. Failing that, I'd probably have to resort to the grey market and pay extortionist prices (unless someone here scored a few extras and wouldn't mind selling me a set at a relatively reasonable price when it's released?).
They were available in VERY limited numbers right after the campaign with all tiers. Once a tier is unlocked, it's part of the package, so there's no "base" model. I think BBTS and Entertainment Earth had them, but they sold out SUPER fast.

I know a few people who plan on splitting the trap and PKE to sell separately, so you may see a "one in a box" offers on sites like ebay once these start getting into people's hands.
Psycho Werekitsune liked this
zeta otaku wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 3:13 pm
Psycho Werekitsune wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 1:37 pm Just a few questions about this, and apologies if it's already been brought up but, I missed out on the campaign and was hoping I'd find some way to get ahold of it after release. When they did the proton pack, I hear they were available for sale in limited quantities at select retailers, is this true? Was it with all the tiers, or just the basic package? I'm really hoping that's the case so I could grab these as well. Failing that, I'd probably have to resort to the grey market and pay extortionist prices (unless someone here scored a few extras and wouldn't mind selling me a set at a relatively reasonable price when it's released?).
They were available in VERY limited numbers right after the campaign with all tiers. Once a tier is unlocked, it's part of the package, so there's no "base" model. I think BBTS and Entertainment Earth had them, but they sold out SUPER fast.

I know a few people who plan on splitting the trap and PKE to sell separately, so you may see a "one in a box" offers on sites like ebay once these start getting into people's hands.
That's a tiny little bit reassuring. I'll try to keep an eye on BBTS and EE when that happens then, but it's gonna be stressful as hell, I suppose. Do you remember how close to release it was? Was it as soon as they were out, a week after, etc.?
For the $399+tax+shipping Proton Pack

-So the backers got theirs around late December 2022 in Europe and early-mid January 2023 for backers in the U.S.

-Big Bad Toy Store sold a limited stock starting on September 22, 2023 for $649.

-A limited restock was released on December 18, 2023 for Pulse Premium Members at 12 pm Eastern as part of a Hasbro Vault event

So if this holds the same for Two in the Box, maybe there will be similar runs around April/May and July/August 2025.
zeta otaku liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 4th, 2024, 4:42 pm
For the $399+tax+shipping Proton Pack

-So the backers got theirs around late December 2022 in Europe and early-mid January 2023 for backers in the U.S.

-Big Bad Toy Store sold a limited stock starting on September 22, 2023 for $649.

-A limited restock was released on December 18, 2023 for Pulse Premium Members at 12 pm Eastern as part of a Hasbro Vault event

So if this holds the same for Two in the Box, maybe there will be similar runs around April/May and July/August 2025.
Thanks for clearing that up!
mrmichaelt liked this
Psycho Werekitsune wrote: March 4th, 2024, 4:56 pm I think 10 months after release is a weeeee bit more than I was expecting, hahahaha.
With the $400 pack we saw that they went on ebay right on release for $599-$799 and then the prices started increasing dramatically. Now the pack is being sold on ebay (completed transactions) for between $1000-$2000. Heck the 13 year old Matty Trap is still selling for $800.

If I hadn’t backed and I could afford it, I would try to bag one off ebay immediately at release and take the markup on the chin. The initial markups are the lowest as it’s a period when most are for sale.
One time wrote: March 4th, 2024, 11:00 pm
Psycho Werekitsune wrote: March 4th, 2024, 4:56 pm I think 10 months after release is a weeeee bit more than I was expecting, hahahaha.
With the $400 pack we saw that they went on ebay right on release for $599-$799 and then the prices started increasing dramatically. Now the pack is being sold on ebay (completed transactions) for between $1000-$2000. Heck the 13 year old Matty Trap is still selling for $800.

If I hadn’t backed and I could afford it, I would try to bag one off ebay immediately at release and take the markup on the chin. The initial markups are the lowest as it’s a period when most are for sale.
I'm currently in that situation myself. I couldn't afford to back it at the time, nor could I buy it off the grey market post-release. Now I'm stuck without a pack, which really sucks because I'd really like to get my hands on one at a reasonable price. Like, I'd be okay with a slight mark up, but the lowest they go now is $850? That's more than double its original price, which is insane.
If money is the issue get a full size Spirit Pack a d modify it from there.
Psycho Werekitsune liked this
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]