By Boomerjinks
Master Taran wrote: . They give more character to the Denver GB's, rather than simply having them be cardboard cutouts of the original GB's.

It is important to note that ROTGB draws from more than just the original movies. If you look at the characters uniforms, they are each completely different colors.... like in the cartoon!
By StormRyder
this was the greatest FAN FILM, which means a bunch of college students who had no stable income, made the entire thing from scratch without the help of any major studio head from hollywood. i thought the story was decent, yeah a litlle rushed but they couldn't help it, they are not professionals, the reason the ecto1 looked different was that they were actually following a timeline and everything eventually gets upgraded, unless ur the only idiot that still has the computer that's the size of a school gymnasium with punch cards included, do you? Robo. so if you step back and look, while turning the attitude down, you may realise that they deserve some credit for actually doing it.
RoboBusterX19 wrote:
This just proves that you are an idiot.

and you prove to me (time and time again) that your ecto is the stupidest gayest thing on 4 wheels
but the ecto is not and never will be as gay as you.i have exact replicas of ecto 1 and ecto 1a
yours just looks stupid.

You also need to think before critizing other people, making childish comments like that automatically drops you down to a noob :walterpeck: . people are entitled to their own creativity, that's what makes it unique and original.

RoboBusterX19 wrote: To make a successful entertaining movie takes 2 things
good story,good believable acting.Its not rocket science
I'm not a conformist im not gonna say somethings good if its not
just to please people or to gain popularity.I would rather be honest then
lie.Ive noticed some people here go with everything aj says seeing him as
a king of some sort wow he makes props hes must be jesus!.im sure glad im
not one of Aj's butt kissers.Unlike those who follow him.

yes, the acting was annoying in some spots, but it's still ten times better than what you could do.
and Yes, AJ is jesus here, 1.) he has more experience in prop making than you 2.) He is the Site Administrator, so if it weren't for him and Ron Daniels, we wouldn't have all this fine knowledge. so give jesus respect, lol :cool: .

all it comes down to is, treat others the way you would like to be treated, don't dis because they have a different perspective. you have opinions, that's great, but don't get negative towards everybody, just chill
By Donkey8012
No, no, no MT. I didn't let my problem with the cosumes ruin the film for me by any means. I still enjoyed the film. I guess I'm just used to seeing GB fans strive for accuracy with their suits/props (like on this site). I'm admitedly a little nostalgic as well. However, our suits and props are serving different purposes than those of this film.
By Master Taran
Yeah, I guess if you're so used to extreme accuracy from the originals, it would seem odd. I can see your perspective there, and I agree with you 100% about the fact that the movie props serve a different purpose. One of them being an evolotion over time (in the story/continuity sense), as well as to make the ROTGB's more unique. I also think it breaks up the monotony a little (not that I don't like the original costumes; it's just that after seeing so many exact repliacs of them around here, it kind of looses its appeal after a while).
By jimmy_j_r
StormRyder wrote: Yes, AJ is jesus here, 1.) he has more experience in prop making than you 2.) He is the Site Administrator, so if it weren't for him and Ron Daniels, we wouldn't have all this fine knowledge. so give jesus respect, lol
No AJ is a God and Ron is Jesus. lol
By Ron Daniels
RoboBusterX19 wrote: and you prove to me (time and time again) that your ecto is the stupidest gayest thing on 4 wheels
but the ecto is not and never will be as gay as you.i have exact replicas of ecto 1 and ecto 1a
yours just looks stupid.

You have exact replicas of the Ecto 1 and the Ecto 1A? Yeah, you pretty much shot yourself as well as any credibility about anything you say in the foot there pal.

To sum up what I just said,
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Now back on the subject of the thread, I thought ROTGB was a good attempt and overall a entertaining film. While I thought some of the jokes were a bit beyond what would normally be found in a Ghostbusters movie, I still found them to be both funny and appropriate where used. I suppose the only thing to say further is WTB DVD version ^_^.
By Boomerjinks
Here is a review from my friend Will that I thought was very fair and balanced.
Story

The story is a well written piece of fan fiction. Hank Braxtan and Tim Johnson did well and, while corny at times, I believe this is a solid and interesting story which follows the Denver Ghostbusters and their fight to save the world from an insane crippled scientist who harnesses the power of an ancient Egyptian amulet.

Props and Costumes

The props and costumes are pretty sweet through out. The proton packs and traps are wonderfully recreated and the variations on the classic flightsuits are creative but faithful. The only prop I wish they would have done as a custom work is the amulet which is quite obviously a borrowed replica prop from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Visual Effects

While the visual effects for this film are absolutely amazing for a fan film, they fall far short of what I had been told to expect. Still, impressive. The proton streams are amazing. The ghosts at times are on a level with late 90's Scifi TV shows such as Species 8472 from Star Trek Voyager.

Audio

The audio production of this is excellent. The dialogue is always clear and easily understood. Kudos to the boom op.

Audio(Music)

The original score is quite wonderful, drawing upon the cues establish in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2. While it is an obviously derivative work, taking stylistic cues from the music of many major motion pictures, it is impressive for an independent work.

Camera Work

The DP should be fired. Pure and simple, it is quite obvious that this film follows a cookie cutter approach to shot choice. Unfortunately, it appears the DP's set of cookie cutters is missing the ones for making MCU, MFS, and OTS shots.

The movie sticks to either moderately wide shots or excessively close one shots of the actors. While this isn't fully the fault of the DP, planning could have been done since it's fairly obvious this movie was intended to be cropped to the 2.39 aspect ratio. As a result of no planning, at times the heads of the actors are cut off either on the top or on the bottom.

Another problem with the camera work is that often the shots of actors delivering dialogue are angled so that a side profile of the actor, or often the backs of the actors heads, are the focus. Tsk, tsk, Mr. DP. While the actors aren't the top of the pile, you robbed them of some of the power their performances could have had.

Lighting

Another area where the DP could be blamed is the lighting. While the movie took great care to make sure you could see the actors, it completely disregarded the need for bounced fill light. As such, the eyes are lost to black more often than not. In some cases, the entire front of the actor is in black while the backgrounds are properly exposed.

Editing

The editing is very well done. The cuts are smooth, the continuity is way above the par of major motion pictures, and over all the movie plays very convincingly as a completely linear series of events.

Various Other Stuff

This movie features a number of geektastic jokes and references to other movies. While I don't feel they really added anything to the story, it was a nice series of nods from the director.

Overall

It was an enjoyable film. Sadly, the moments where I felt this movie was on par with a major cinematic/TV movie were far and few between. Certainly not the best film I've ever seen, but it was definitely in the upper echelon of the fan film world.

I see a bright future ahead for Hank Braxtan and the majority of the crew and while some of the acting could use work, but the only person from the entire production who, in my opinion, needs a lot of work, is the DP.

That Song At The End

The Nu-Metal/Hardcore song at the end blows. To the band, thank you for taking the time to write an original song for the movie, but in the future, please do a better job at combining the styles of Drowning Pool and Godsmack.

This is the end of my review/summation of Return of the Ghostbusters. Check out the movie at ReturnOfTheGhostbusters.Com to see a fan film which tries to play with the big boys.

I agree with most of this.
By braxtanfilm
Hey all--I appreciate the comments. Even the negative ones I feel are well within their merit.

I just stopped by to defend the DP. First off, if you haven't seen the film in the high res divx version, you shouldn't judge him too harshly. The ifilm version and Mayan theater version butchered the contrast.

Second, there were quite a few shoots where we simply had no lights. As for the failure to have a master close up, the only scene I recall that being an issue is the opening bust. And I'm willing to take partial fault for that one--but it was like 4 in the morning, and we were cold and tired!

As for the uniforms...well, I just thought they were cool! That's why I did it.
By Boomerjinks
The lighting was great in most of the shots, but there are a lot of heads that are cut off at either the top or bottom in shots that aren't really close-ups. Maybe it's just the aspect size of the video?
By Boomerjinks
GOD HANK ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

Your movie is unbelievably enjoyable. There were plenty of parts where I feared it could have taken a turn for the worse and you.. it just didn't. I recommend this movie to anyone who has the time and disk space to spare.
By Andy_2_cool
I don't understand why people are saying the special effects could be better ? I can't seem to think of a fan film off the top of my head that has special effects better / on par with ROTG. :sigh:

I was amazed of the action scene with the...big ass dragon...was anyone else disapointed :whatever: ?

Personally I think ROTG is great fun to watch and I love it. I'm definality up for the UK screening
By loly2kn2
Here Here!

Agreed on all accounts. And in my personal opinion its one of the best (if not the best) and most professionally made fan films out there...

And a UK screening sounds like good news to me!

Good work! and Job well done!

Lawrence
By AJ Quick
I think its rediculous when people complain that it just isn't good enough.

What is it? Ghostbusters 3 or something?

Most of you guys are hardly critical when someone posts a cardboard and glued pack, but jump on a fan film when it doesn't look like ILM was in charge of the effects?
By Master Taran
Yeah, the FX (ie, the proton streams) in GB one had a really old-school rotoscope look to them...They definately had that hand-drawn appearance, so they didn't look as realistic.

I'd guess that the people complaining are probably complaining about the CG ghosts, becauuse they're probably the types of people who complain at anything CG. Personally, I don't get why those sorts of people seem to think that there's something inherently wrong with CG and why so many people seem so opposed to its use. it's just another filmmaking tool.

AJ, you really need to get rid of the Ifilms link in the news...the DIVX is the only one worth watching. The Ifilms version is megacrap, especially now that Ifilms has completely messed up the video; they seemed to have darkened it extremely (seriously, some parts are hardly visible anymore, especially if they were dark before like the opening in the woods). The Ifilms version is a complete joke.
By GhostMedic29
Excellent fan film.....truly the best fan film I have seen to date. Props to the Denver Ghostbusters, For a bunch of amateurs, the special effects are quite good.

On a more personal note, the reporter was smoking hot.......*wolf whistle*

:cool:
By Containment Unit1
Hi everyone.I'm glad that everyone who liked this movie is posting on here.I for the love of god can't understand why anyone would diss this movie and the talent that everyone involved put forth. Remember this is a fan film not some big hollywood production but that's not to say its any less.hank you and your crew are very talented.here are my thoughts of this movie. It was well written and editing and sound was very clean. I will say maybe a few scenes were alil longer then liked but that's ok.also I wasn't that big a fan of sucking souls out of a body with a ghost trap and making it seem that every ghost is someOnes spirit.I thought they came from another dimension as well. This movie really reminds me of a real ghostbusters cartoon (which I love)with the different uniforms (which I liked) the villian using an old religous object and how ed is always coming up with new tools to help with ghostbusting.also for a fan fim we saw the gb bust more ghost then in both movies combined.haha I give it a big thumbs up and I was able to burn it onto dvd and on my ipod.the ipod version is very sharp and clean.I wish you luck in your career with movie making but hopefully it would be nice to see another gb from you in the future even though you said it was your last and if it truly your last then you went out in style. :vinzclortho:
By axelghostbuster
OMAGOSH !!!!! I finally saw the movie and i thputh it was totally awsome ,amaizing, It totally rocks its cool, it,s great!!!! it,s it,s its, totally out of this world and into the spirit world or ghost world it,s the same !!!!!! congrats to the denver GHOSTBUSTERS and Braxtan for making it all possible!!!! count on me guys !! i totally give this film 5 stars!!!!! 2 thumbs up and 2 toes up!!!!!! lol!!!!!!! check it out guys , i hope you enoyed it as much as i did!! i was singing Who ya gonna call?!! GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!! all night long!!! with and without my mp3 player!! lol!! oh yeah!! i also download it into my favorites videos!!!!!!! BUSTIN, MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!!! GO GO GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!! I AIN,T AFRAID OF NO GHOST!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS !!! :cool::blush::eyeroll::vinzclortho::walterpeck::vinzclortho:
By GBMaine2006
I've read what everyone has to say on the Return of the Ghostbusters movie. Here are my thoughts:

It felt the way a GB movie should feel. The music was reminiscent of the first movie and it was expertly spliced. Thumbs up to the musician for a great original score. The script was pretty good. Nowhere did I have a problem with the acting. If you've seen other Braxtan films, you know what to expect.
I really enjoyed the ghost in the beginning that was trying to pull the particle streams off itself. I've never seen that in any GB material and I got a kick out of it. The ghost trap on wheels was really cool too.
I had a problem with the whole "ghosts are bad souls" logic. It placed a religious opinion on the movie. Everyone has their opinion of what a soul is and not everybody's matches. It just didn't feel right. GB material tends to stay away from religious topics and more towards legends and myths.
Overall, I thought it was a pretty good movie. I would watch it again and include it and it's predecessor, Freddy vs. Ghostbusters in any GB marathon.
By Master Taran
I agree with you about the ghost trying to free itself from the proton streams. I enjoyed the originality & ingenuity there.

However, I don't agree with you about the "ghosts are bad souls" thing, because that's not what the movie said. As Neil said in the movie, they bust bad ghosts. I don't think they ever tried to say that all ghosts were simply bad.
By Master Taran
Just thought I'd throw up a few pics for those who haven't seen it yet or perhaps haven't quite decided whether or not it's worth their time (I took these pics from the high-res DIVX):

If you want to see more pics (though lower-res), you can go here: http://www.braxtanfilm.com/ghostbusters.html

If you want to see the trailers, you can go here: http://www.returnoftheghostbusters.com/trailers.html
By Guido75
RoboBusterX19 wrote:
This just proves that you are an idiot.

and you prove to me (time and time again) that your ecto is the stupidest gayest thing on 4 wheels
yours just looks stupid.

who is this a**hole. Braxton and is comrades are not paid, make it with little money, do it for fun and the fans. Who cares if its an A rated Hollywood movie. Its fun to watch fans make a movie and enjoy living out the ghostbuster legacy. Boomerjinx you rock and i envy that u had to money to have your OWN ecto! RobobusterX19 ur an A** and frankly id love to kick you in the n*ts if i had the chance being everything on this site seems to be subpar in your eyes! What a fn moron!
By starburst
I liked it, it was a good fanfilm and agree with what was said about it being the same sort of calibur as series such as New Voyages.

Personally loved the different takes on the uniforms, wasnt too sure about the tactical vest, but the different coloured flightsuits brought back memories of RGB (even though I wouldnt have had slanted nametags), the added bits to he belts and the knee pads on Ed Spenglar made some sence as he might be more bothered about his knees than other Ghostbusters.

As for the Ecto couldnt like it more, if this was a fanfilm about a group taking over from the original Ghostbusters then yes it might have been an idea for them to use the same car, but this is about some guys busting Ghosts in a different town years later so why would they have gone out and built the same car when theres so many options out there. I personally love the look of that car, only critisism is the Proton packs just seemed "in the boot" instead of on a storage rack like Ecto1/1A which seemed a bit sloppy and took away from the realism.

As for the Nutrino pack, nice idea but the design didnt seem as well put together and wasnt as realistic as the Proton Packs and other props.

End result, was nicely entertained by these guys and have downloaded FvGB (as I havent seen it yet, will tonight) and would not hesitate to watch another instalment.

Also been considering making a custom coloured flightsuit, mayb the brown one like Neils or the grey like Eds (then again that will look close to a GB2 suit)

Great work to everyone involved!

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]