The entire series of "Extreme Ghostbusters" is gearing up for its DVD debut on March 19, 2024, aligning with the release of Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire. Fans can secure their copies now by pre-ordering the DVD set on Amazon for $20.95.

Airing initially in 1997, "Extreme Ghostbusters" follows a fresh team of paranormal investigators led by the original Ghostbusters member, Egon Spengler. Their mission? Safeguarding New York City from otherworldly threats.

For the first time, fans can own the complete series in one DVD set, providing a convenient way to dive into the supernatural escapades. This release coincides with the ongoing expansion of the Ghostbusters universe, offering both new and returning fans a chance to delve into the realm of the paranormal.

To reserve your copy ahead of the official release, the DVD set is open for pre-orders on Amazon at a cost of $20.95.

Pre-Order: https://amzn.to/41S0nRO

This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
I’m crying.

Do you know how long I’ve waited for this day?

Thank you Sony. Thank you! I’m glad to see y’all doing the right thing and while this is a long time coming, this show, with a PROPER DVD release, is amazing news.

Didn’t see this coming. I love EGB and prefer it to RGB.
Threadender liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 9th, 2024, 10:58 pm I’m crying.

Do you know how long I’ve waited for this day?

Thank you Sony. Thank you! I’m glad to see y’all doing the right thing and while this is a long time coming, this show, with a PROPER DVD release, is amazing news.

Didn’t see this coming. I love EGB and prefer it to RGB.
Maaaaan, this was the only reason I got up at 5:15 am everyday! I loved RGB up to Dave Coulier coming in -- I would refuse to watch the episodes that began with the mascot walking through blue buildings instead of red -- but this series felt amazing after not having RGB on TV.

It was really crazy when EGB came on early mornings and RGB came back on Fox Family in the afternoons.
Broccoli wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:52 am And, now the listing has changed to "currently unavailable" with no option to pre-order. Price was taken off as well. Could something like this really sell out?
Doubtful it's sold out yet... It's likely the listing went up prematurely and was supposed to be timed to coincide with an official announcement that hasn't happened yet, so they've temporarily modified it until things are ready to officially go.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:07 pm Any info on its format/ Region?
Will it be playable in Australia?
The listing yesterday said NTSC, I think, but with the listing chopped down today, I can't actually be sure. We'll just have to wait until the full listing returns.
Hairy Biker liked this
Fritz wrote: January 10th, 2024, 2:47 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:07 pm Any info on its format/ Region?
Will it be playable in Australia?
The listing yesterday said NTSC, I think, but with the listing chopped down today, I can't actually be sure. We'll just have to wait until the full listing returns.
This is what it said yesterday:Image
Hairy Biker liked this
Really glad that Extreme Ghostbusters complete run is finally coming out on DVD officially. Along with a number of other cartoons, I have been waiting for the complete run of this show to come out. Especially since when the Sci Fi channel aired reruns, I only got to see about 15 or so episodes before they stopped airing it. Defiantly going to pre-order a copy, the first chance I get.
RichardLess wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 11:10 pm I’ve waited so long for this

So long.

Sony did something right! Will it also be available on iTunes? I wonder
I feel the same way.

Well, not the iTunes part.lol

But I had the opportunity to watch this live when I was young (came out when I was 10yrs old) on TV. One of the few times I wanted to get up at 5am daily. It was awesome then, and it still holds a place in my heart. For those who may not be able to get the DVD, they have the series on RokuTV for streaming.

Regardless, I placed my pre-order and can't wait to have this set with my RGB box set on my TV stand.
deadderek liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 5th, 2024, 3:17 pm Hoping this release turns out to be region free despite the listing or a PAL/ region 2 release follows shortly after.
Or that hopefully a PAL Region 2 release is scheduled for the near future.
mrmichaelt liked this
With no movement on my order, I just live-chatted with an agent who discovered it was something to do with stock at the local distribution centre. Local to whom? I'm in the UK, myself, which I suspect may have something to do with it. (Nice thing to happen to EGB Fan! :roll:) They escalated the order and said it should be shipped in 2-3 working days. I hope that's true! Anybody else having trouble?
Kingpin liked this
Those of us outside the US have a real problem here! When it comes to the crunch, the item refuses to ship to the UK, and I imagine anywhere else. I was advised to enter an alternate address (not the most sensible suggestion, but I thought I'd see what happened if I tried a relative's address, with every confidence I could tell the chat agent it didn't work), and all it will accept is US zip codes. The poor agent is trying very hard, but of course, this is above their pay grade.

Hmm, I am being transferred...

Edit: This agent is adamant I will get my order, and I am not being allowed to re-order because of a one-per-customer limit. I am very sceptical about this. We shall see. Can anyone else outside the US please share your experiences? I am going mad!

Edit 2: I shall stop the blow-by-blow account after this. As things stand, this agent seems to be beginning to realise that their confidence is misplaced... :-|
I've seen photos of the DVD set that someone had posted on Facebook, and for those wondering if the set is definitely encoded for Region 1, rather than Region-0 or Region-Free, you will need to have a multi-region DVD player if you live outside the United States.
I'm in Louisiana USA and my set was delivered today, just about an Hour before I went to see Frozen Empire and the DVD case was all broken on the bottom.

It wasn't just a crack in the case either, it looked as if someone crushed it as there was large broken pieces of the case in the shipping envelope.

The DVDs and amazingly the cover wasn't damaged so I decided not to return it as I'm not taking a risk on sending it back and them possibly being out of stock.

I'll probably pick up another set just to keep sealed and find a donor case for the ones I have.
I'm in the US. I pre-ordered when it first showed up in January. Mine came today. No damage on the case. Hopefully the discs are all good.

Nice to see they have the episode titles printed on each disc. It's the same kind of clear plastic case the later versions of the 2017 RGB series DVD set uses.

Can confirm it does say Region 1 on the back so that is US and Canada only, if you're outside these 2 countries you'll need a multi-region player.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Edit: This post does not contain an affiliate link, in case you're getting the suggestion that it might. :roll:

For the third morning/lunchtime in a row, I have been live-chatting with Amazon customer services. These people are wonderful. If Amazon allowed you to pre-order a phial of unicorn tears, they would keep looking for ways to get one to you until you told them to forget it.

The original listing yesterday evening (UK time) was described as 'temporarily unavailable'. By that point, I was pretty certain I'd have to order it from an alternative seller anyway, at a much(?) greater price than I ordered it for. This morning, the listing has totally vanished. There were three sellers offering the item at a very similar, marked-up price (around $45.00). Now there are two; evidently I ordered the only one from the seller charging a reasonable shipping price.* Both agents I've talked to today assure me that this order is about to be shipped.

I am now seeking an explanation for why the item I originally ordered first would not ship to the UK, and now has become unavailable. The dear things have both got the two orders confused and told me not to worry, it's definitely shipping soon. I am going to do my best to make them understand and put me in touch with someone who can give me an explanation.

If you pre-ordered and need to re-order at a marked-up price, you can, like me, get a refund for the difference in Amazon credit. When I explained to my first friend today that Amazon.com credit was no use to me, and could it possibly be Amazon.co.uk, he transferred me to someone else who says she has sorted this out. As I say, they do everything they can for you. I am now pursuing this explanation from someone who probably (and very reasonably) doesn't have a clue what's happened here...

*Edit: Scratch that. The listing did disappear after I placed my order, but now it's back. I did have the horrible thought that maybe these sellers have got the item confused with that useless 13-episode DVD (I mean, given how unavailable this complete series seems to be), but if that were the case, why charge between 44 and 46USD? Ah, let us be optimistic! :-|

Unsurprisingly, I couldn't get an explanation for the item being largely unavailable within three days of release, or why it hasn't shipped to anyone in the UK no matter how early they ordered it (I'm pretty sure I can count myself among the first). The supervisor I was transferred to said he would pass on my feedback, and made sure to get the clear details from me. If a few other people would give the same feedback, perhaps... I don't know... something might happen? Like, someone will at least try to figure out what went wrong? I don't know.

Right, that's all I have to say, at least until my order arrives or gets lost. I'm exhausted!
Mine is saying it’ll be shipped eventually, but they don’t know when. Good being in the UK, innit?
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]